As a marketer, delegating tasks to tools like templates saves you copious amounts of time and allows you to focus your attention on more demanding tasks.
The swipe nature of a good template means you only have to fill it out with your company’s relevant information and sit back as you reap the benefits.
However, to make sure your email marketing campaign is not a flop, you have to ensure that you’re only using results-based, tried and tested templates that have been proven to bring companies success.
We have put together a compilation of upsell and cross-sell templates that check all these boxes and explained how each one works and what you stand to gain from them.
Today, we’ll also unveil:
- How Starbucks uses its rewards programs to remain the top beverage company in the country
- The psychology behind Black Friday offers and how they tie in with bundle or package deals
- Why focusing your product upgrade marketing efforts on your past customers will benefit your marketing campaign
Without further ado, let’s get straight into it.
Product Complementary Cross-Sell Email Templates
When you buy something, you’re probably super excited for it to arrive so you can use it. This phenomenon is referred to as the “Thrill of the new.”
It’s defined as the exhilaration that comes from experiencing something novel and exciting for the first time.
Businesses can ride on the coattails of these feelings by recommending complementary products that enhance the value and utility of the customer’s initial purchase.
The best way to capitalize on this is through a product complementary cross-sell template that showcases related items that align with customers’ interests to pique their curiosity and present them with compelling reasons to explore additional offerings.
To help put things in perspective for you, here are the common elements of a well-structured product complementary cross-sell email template for an online bookstore:
- Introduction and personalization: Begin the email with a personalized greeting to make it feel more tailored to the individual customer. Remind them of their recent purchase to establish context and relevance.
“Hello [Customer Name], Thank you for choosing our online bookstore for your recent purchase of “The Great Gatsby.” We hope you’re enjoying the captivating story and getting lost in the world of Jay Gatsby and the roaring 1920s.”
- Benefit-oriented description: Describe the complementary product and highlight the key features, benefits, and specific use cases that make it a valuable addition.
“Introducing our exclusive ‘Literary Classics Collection,’ featuring beautifully designed bookends and a reading journal.
The bookends provide sturdy support to keep your books organized, while the reading journal allows you to record your thoughts, favorite quotes, and personal reflections as you explore the literary world.”
- Visually appealing product images: Select your most appealing and high-quality product images that showcase the complementary item in use.
For instance, add a picture of a bookend with a copy of “The Great Gatsby,” the journal, and other literary classics on an aesthetic desk to capture the customer’s attention and convey the value of the product.
The image below showcases a product complementary cross-sell email template, designed to entice customers with relevant and complementary products that enhance their overall shopping experience.
Here is a list of web pages that have product complementary cross-sell email templates:
- How To Write Cross-sell Emails That Customers Cannot Resist (AVADA Commerce)
- Upselling/Cross-selling Email Templates (Copy&Paste) (LiveAgent)
- 30 Brilliant Marketing Email Campaign Examples [+ Template] (Omnisend)
- 9 Post Purchase Email Examples (+ Tips to Create Your Own) (HubSpot Blog)
- Cross-Selling & Upselling Email Examples [+ Subject Lines] (SalesCycle)
Free Template Downloads: Product Complementary Cross-Sell
OnDigitalMarketing offers in-depth training on optimizing your email campaigns for revenue maximization.
Our practices are based on the design thinking principle of “Know thy user,” which will help you understand your customer on an emotional level and increase their overarching customer lifetime value.
Product Upgrade or Advanced Version Email Templates
As time goes by and revenue increases, smart business owners understand the importance of continuously improving their products or services.
Fueled by customer feedback and insights as well as changes in the industry landscape, entrepreneurs are not only able to make their products better but also solve more pain points for their customers.
One of the most effective ways to market these new and improved developments is by targeting your past customers who already have a relationship with your brand and have experienced its value.
Product upgrade or advanced version email templates allow you to effectively communicate the value and benefits of upgrading to a more advanced offering.
To illustrate, let’s take the company Lovesac as an example. They have a good reputation for producing some of the best sectional couches in the industry that last for decades.
Recently, they launched game-changing StealthTech Sound & Charge Systems designed to take Sactionals (their fun way of referring to sectionals) to a whole new level.
Since Lovesac sells such durable products, when they reach out to extremely satisfied customers with exciting news about advanced technology upgrades, the customers will be more than willing to hear them out.
As the email marketer of this furniture retailer, you may structure the product upgrades or advanced version email templates in the following manner:
- Introducing the revolutionary StealthTech Sound & Charge systems: Provide a brief introduction explaining the purpose of the email and the reason for the product upgrade or advanced version.
Provide context by highlighting any customer feedback, industry trends, or improvements that led to the development of the upgraded product.
Something along the lines of “New family member alert! Experience enhanced sound quality and immersive entertainment with integrated speakers.”
- Visuals and product imagery: In this section, you’ll want to include high-quality images or even a short video showcasing the upgraded StealthTech Sound & Charge Systems.
Ensure the visuals highlight the sleek design and demonstrate how the advanced technology seamlessly integrates with the Sactionals.
- Exclusive upgrade offer: To create a sense of exclusivity and encourage customers to take action, include an exclusive upgrade offer.
For example, “Upgrade to the new StealthTech Sound & Charge Systems now and enjoy a limited-time exclusive offer. Get 10% off the upgrade when you purchase within one month.”
Ensure you take a page out of Lovesac’s book and implement product upgrades or advanced version email templates into your email campaigns to reap the following benefits:
- Enhanced customer experience: Informing customers about new advances for their previous purchases improves overall satisfaction and brand experience.
- Competitive advantage: Highlighting unique features positions the company as a leader, attracting customers seeking advanced solutions.
- Brand reputation and trust: Offering product upgrades based on feedback and industry changes reinforces the brand’s commitment to quality and innovation, building trust and confidence in future purchases.
To get a feel of what a product upgrade or advanced version email template looks like, take a look at the following image.
Notice how it’s optimized to entice customers with enhanced features and benefits of upgrading to a superior version of a product or service.
Here is a list of web pages that have product upgrade or advanced version email templates:
- How to Write a Perfect Upgrade Email (Templates Included) (Userlist)
- 10 Product Update Email Template Examples & Best Practices (Flodesk)
- 16 Product Update Emails Examples (+ How To Guide for 2023) (Sendlane)
- Product Update Email Templates (Copy&Paste) (LiveAgent)
- Top 14 Product Update Emails That Will Inspire You (HockeyStack)
- Free Product Update HTML Email Template (Stripo)
Free Template Downloads: Product Upgrade or Advanced Version
Our College Textbook provides guidance on how to design visually appealing and engaging email templates that effectively showcase your new products and drive conversions.
The methods taught in this textbook have undergone an in-depth and intense peer review from third-party industry experts, and they have resulted in $350 million in revenue for clients last year.
Frequent Shopper Rewards Email Templates
“Your best customers leave quite an impression. Do the same, and they won’t leave at all.”— SAP Advertising
The biggest impression your customers leave on your business is their customer lifetime value because loyal customers tend to spend more over time.
Loyal customers are the biggest fans of your brand because they sing its praise far and wide to anyone who listens.
Additionally, they’re usually first in line when you launch something new, ready to support their favorite brand because they know you’re the best of the best.
Don’t miss out on the chance to show them that you acknowledge their loyalty by granting them frequent shopper rewards.
By rewarding their loyalty, you encourage them to continue their patronage and potentially increase their average order value.
Frequent shopper rewards email templates are an opportunity to recognize and reward customers for their continued loyalty.
These templates can announce special rewards, exclusive discounts, or personalized offers that are available to loyal customers as a token of appreciation.
For instance, Starbucks Rewards is a widely recognized and successful loyalty program offered by Starbucks, the popular coffeehouse chain.
The program is designed to reward and incentivize customer loyalty by providing various benefits and exclusive offers.
Customers can join the Starbucks Rewards program by creating an account through the Starbucks mobile app or website.
Every time they make a purchase at Starbucks using their registered card or app, they earn stars (points) based on the amount spent, which they’re able to redeem for a variety of rewards.
For instance, 100 points can be redeemed for a brewed hot or iced coffee or tea, a bakery item, and a packaged snack such as a bag of chips.
Let’s break down the elements of a frequent shopper rewards email template that you as a marketer for a company like Starbucks can utilize for its loyalty program:
- Explanation of the rewards program: Provide a brief overview of the frequent shopper rewards program, including how it works, what benefits it offers, and any tiered membership levels or milestones involved.
For instance, you might say: “As a Starbucks Rewards member, enjoy personalized offers, discounts, and freebies tailored specifically to your preferences.”
- Exclusive rewards and benefits: Highlight the exclusive rewards and benefits that frequent shoppers can enjoy. This may include discounts, freebies, early access to new products, personalized offers, or special events.
For instance, when a customer collects 100 points prompt them to redeem them for a brewed hot or iced coffee or tea, a bakery item, and a packaged snack such as a bag of chips.
- Limited-time promotions: Showcase any limited-time promotions or bonus offers available exclusively to frequent shoppers. Create a sense of urgency to encourage recipients to take advantage of these time-sensitive opportunities.
In one of their emails, Starbucks was giving away a free-limited edition red cup with every handcrafted holiday beverage. They threw in a sense of urgency by mentioning that quantities are limited.
Here’s the Starbucks email we discussed in the above example. Notice how it’s designed to entice and reward loyal customers with exclusive benefits and incentives, fostering customer loyalty and driving repeat purchases.
Finally, we present to you a comprehensive list of frequent shopper rewards email templates:
- Loyalty Program Email Examples & Templates (LiveAgent)
- Loyalty & Rewards clubs email examples (MailCharts)
- 8 Loyalty Program Email Examples & Templates to Connect with Customers (Flodesk)
- 10 of the Best Loyalty Program Email Examples We’ve Seen (Smile.io)
- 7 Customer Loyalty Email Examples You’ll Want to Steal (Drip)
Free Template Downloads: Frequent Shopper Rewards
OnDigitalMarketing provides you with a wide collection of knowledge and resources to help you build a clean opt-in email list that maximizes targeted offers.
We take it one step further and teach you all you need to know about your customers to reach out to them across other marketing channels including SEO and social media.
Limited-Time Promotion or Exclusive Offers Email Templates
According to a research study conducted by Psychology Today, the reason more people redeem their limited-time promotion coupons right before the promotion ends is due to something called “anticipatory regret.”
As the promotion deadline approaches, customers start to worry about missing out on a great deal. This feeling of regret becomes strong in their minds, pushing them to make the purchase before the offer expires.
Limited-time promotions or exclusive offers email templates capitalize on anticipatory regret by creating a sense of urgency to drive immediate action from customers.
These templates enable businesses to highlight time-sensitive promotions or exclusive deals, enticing customers to make a purchase before the opportunity expires.
Characteristically, they emphasize the limited availability or duration of the offer, compelling customers to take advantage of the special deal while it lasts.
Here are some key elements of a limited-time promotion or exclusive offer email template that are crucial to making the sale:
- Subject line: The subject line is the first thing recipients see, and it needs to grab their attention immediately. Convey urgency by writing, “Last Chance” or “Ends Tonight,” to make recipients feel as if they need to act quickly.
Excitement is also important as it sparks curiosity and interest in the offer, motivating recipients to open the email and learn more about the promotion.
- Offer details: Clearly stating the details of the promotion, such as the discount percentage or unique access to new products, instills a feeling of clarity.
Customers need to know what they’re getting and how it benefits them. Demonstrating the value of the offer encourages recipients to consider taking advantage of it.
- Call-to-action: The CTA is the most critical element in driving recipients to take action. Make it clear, compelling, and action-oriented to maximize its effect.
Using phrases like “Save 30%” or “Claim My Discount” empowers the recipients to act immediately, making them feel in control of availing of the offer.
- Time limitation: Mentioning the expiration date or time remaining for the offer triggers the Fear of Missing Out (FOMO) in customers.
People tend to fear missing out on a great deal, and knowing that the promotion has a limited time makes them anxious about not taking advantage of this “once-in-a-lifetime opportunity”.
This urgency compels recipients to act quickly, as they don’t want to lose out on the offer to save or get exclusive access to products.
By offering exclusive discounts or promotions, businesses can strengthen customer relationships and foster a sense of VIP treatment, leading to increased customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Additionally, leveraging limited-time promotion or exclusive offers email templates allows marketers to drive revenue growth, generate a buzz around their products, and encourage customers to make prompt purchasing decisions, resulting in increased sales and customer satisfaction.
Highlighted below is an image that showcases a limited-time promotion or exclusive offers email template. The copy is straight to the point and clearly highlights that it’s a limited-time offer.
For a comprehensive deep dive into these email templates, consider the following web pages that have limited-time promotion or exclusive offers email templates:
- How to Write Your Best Promotional Emails (+18 Examples!) (WordStream)
- Limited-Time Offers: 10 Examples (+Templates) to Boost Sales (OptiMonk)
- Promotional email template (LiveAgent)
- 9 Promotional Email Examples to Grow Your Sales (Sender)
- Promotional Emails: 33 Examples, Ideas, and Best Practices (GetVero)
Free Template Downloads: Limited-Time Promotion or Exclusive
Cross-Category Recommendations Email Templates
Have you ever received a gift from a loved one that left you feeling warm and fuzzy inside?
Maybe it’s because the gift was personalized to your tastes and it complemented something else you own perfectly.
That’s how customers feel when they receive a product recommendation from you that fits their desires and interests perfectly, even if its from a different category.
Cross-category recommendations email templates are pre-designed email formats used by businesses and marketers to suggest products or services from different categories of their catalog to their customers.
These emails are sent based on the customer’s previous purchase history, browsing behavior, or preferences.
Their aim is to provide personalized and relevant product recommendations that the customer might be interested in, even if they are from different product categories.
For example, if a customer has previously bought running shoes from an online store, a cross-category recommendation email might suggest complementary items, such as sports socks, fitness trackers, or running apparel.
The goal is to encourage customers to explore other product categories and potentially make additional purchases, increasing the customer’s overall engagement and the company’s revenue.
An effective cross-category email typically includes:
- Recommended products: Only things we’re genuinely interested in can catch and hold our attention. An email that’s tailored to the recipient’s interests, will always be more relevant to them compared to a generic one.
For instance, when a customer who previously bought a camera receives an email displaying related products, such as camera accessories and photography books, they’re more likely to purchase.
- Call-to-action: The CTAs provide clear directions for the recipient to take action, guiding them to learn more about the products or make a purchase.
Ensure the buttons are prominent and inviting to encourage immediate engagement, drive the recipient to interact with the email, and potentially convert into a loyal customer.
For example, each recommended product in the email can include a CTA such as, “View More Details” or “Shop Now” to direct the recipient to the respective product pages on the website.
- Social proof: Including social proof reassures the recipient that the recommended products are high quality and well-received by others.
Testimonials instill trust in the brand and boost the recipient’s confidence in the products, increasing the likelihood of conversion.
Consider curating an email that includes relevant snippets of reviews from other customers who have purchased the recommended products, expressing their satisfaction and positive experiences.
Effectively implementing a cross-category recommendation email template allows marketers to drive revenue growth, increase customer satisfaction, and encourage the exploration of new product categories.
As a result, marketers are able to improve the customer’s shopping experience and generate additional sales opportunities.
Note how the cross-category recommendations email template in the below image features a selection of diverse products from different categories, aimed at enticing customers to explore new offerings and make additional purchases.
Here is a list of web pages that have cross-category recommendations email templates:
- Upselling/cross-selling email templates (LiveAgent)
- How to write cross-sell emails that’ll skyrocket your revenue [+ Real-life email examples] (GetResponse)
- How To Write Cross-sell Emails That Customers Cannot Resist (Avada)
- What you need to know about cross-sell emails (GetVero)
- Cross-sell email examples for successful email marketing campaigns (Stripo)
Free Template Downloads: Cross-Category Recommendations
Upgrade Subscription or Service Level Email Templates
Upgrade subscription or service level email templates are used by businesses and service providers to notify their customers about the opportunity to upgrade their existing subscription or service plan to a higher tier or level.
These templates are crafted to promote the benefits and features of the upgraded plan, encouraging customers to take advantage of the enhanced offerings.
To illustrate, let’s imagine you’re a marketer for a meditation app aiming to convert free plan users into premium subscribers.
You have insights into their favorite meditation practices, nature sounds, and meditation goals.
If you leverage this information, your email upgrade subscription or service email template might include the following key elements:
- Subject line: Craft a subject line that grabs the recipient’s attention and piques their curiosity. For example, something along the lines of “Unlock Peaceful Bliss: Upgrade Your Meditation Experience” might work.
By mentioning “peaceful bliss” and “upgrade,” you create excitement and intrigue about the enhanced meditation experience that comes with the premium subscription.
This feeling of anticipation encourages the recipient to open the email and learn more about the upgrade.
- Upgrade details: Clearly stating the additional benefits of the premium subscription, such as guided meditation journeys and binaural beats, invokes a feeling of enhanced value.
The recipient realizes that upgrading will enrich their meditation practice with exclusive features not available in the basic plan. This feeling of added value encourages the recipient to seriously consider upgrading.
- Visuals: The visuals must match the overall vibe of the app for the recipient to form an emotional connection with the upgrade email.
For example, consider using an image showing a serene landscape with someone meditating alongside a guided meditation session on a mobile device.
By displaying this visual the email evokes the recipient to aspire to experience such tranquility and mindfulness through the premium features offered in the upgrade.
As shown above, these templates enable businesses to showcase the enhanced features, benefits, and value that come with upgrading.
The templates typically highlight the advantages of the higher-tier subscription or service level, emphasizing the additional functionalities, exclusive content, or premium support available.
By effectively communicating the value proposition of the upgrade, businesses can incentivize customers to unlock a more comprehensive experience.
For marketers, upgrade subscription or service level email templates offer several benefits including:
- Increased engagement: Since they effectively capture the recipient’s attention, these email templates encourage them to explore upgraded options, leading to higher engagement rates.
- Customer retention: Offering enhanced features, discounts, or incentives through templates fosters customer loyalty and reduces churn.
- Upsell opportunities: They provide opportunities to upsell existing customers to higher-tier plans, increasing the average revenue per user.
Here, we have an image that showcases an upgrade subscription or service level email template featuring enticing visuals, and persuasive copy.
Notice how the benefits take the spotlight enticing customers to elevate their experience and unlock premium benefits by upgrading their subscription or service level.
For more detailed discussions on how to use these templates for your email marketing campaigns, click through to the following articles:
- Upgrade Email Templates (Highly Converting) (LiveAgent)
- How the Best SaaS Companies Write Upgrade Emails that Convert (Customer.io)
- 10+ Best Subscription Renewal Emails (Annual Payment Reminders) + Free Template for Your SaaS (Userlist)
- 7 High-Converting Email Templates for Every SaaS (Userlist)
- Free Trial Email Templates – Ready To Use (Copy&Paste) (LiveAgent)
- Upgrade Emails: How 5 Brands Invite Readers to Go Premium (BEE Free)
Free Template Downloads: Upgrade Subscription or Service Level
Add-On Services or Extended Warranty Email Templates
To increase the likelihood of a customer doing business with you again, it’s crucial for you to offer them some form of security.
Add-on services or extended warranty email templates are used by businesses and marketers to promote additional services or extended warranty plans to customers who have recently made a purchase.
These emails are sent after a customer has made a purchase, offering them the option to enhance their product experience by applying for supplementary services or extending the warranty coverage.
Extended warranty options provide customers with peace of mind, knowing that their investment is protected against potential breakdowns or repairs beyond the standard warranty period.
While add-on services, such as installation, maintenance packages, or premium support, offer customers added value for their money, making their purchase more comprehensive and beneficial.
For instance, let’s say you run a tech gadgets online store and a customer has recently purchased a new smartphone.
After completing the purchase, the customer’s information, including the specific smartphone model, is stored in your customer database.
The online store’s system is set up to automatically trigger a post-purchase email within 24 hours of the customer’s smartphone purchase.
The add-on services and extended warranty email template can include the following features:
- Add-on services: By showcasing a selection of add-on services that enhance the customer’s smartphone experience, and the email gets them excited about all the possibilities.
The customer realizes that their purchase can be enriched with complementary products, elevating the overall functionality and enjoyment of their new smartphone.
- Benefits recap: Everyone loves a good benefits recap because it reinforces the value of each add-on service.
For instance, assuring the customer that a phone case will provide protection, convenience, and expanded functionality, they’re convinced that the additional purchases will indeed enhance their smartphone experience.
Clarity about the benefits facilitates decision-making and increases the customer’s confidence in their choice to opt for the add-ons.
- Customer testimonials: To seal the deal, include social proof to settle any qualms the customer may have by building trust and reliability.
When potential customers read positive experiences from others who have already benefited from the add-on services, they feel assured about the quality and effectiveness of the products.
A likely result of presenting customers with compelling reasons to invest in these additional offerings is an increase in a business’ average order value and a boost in revenue.
For marketers, add-on services or extended warranty email templates provide several benefits:
- Improved customer retention: Offering extended warranties boosts customer loyalty and retention, as customers feel reassured about the durability and the longevity of their purchases.
- Valuable post-purchase communication: These email templates facilitate post-purchase communication, allowing marketers to continue engaging with customers and strengthening the customer-brand relationship.
- Time efficiency: Pre-designed templates save time and effort for marketers, as they can quickly deploy targeted campaigns to a large customer base.
Here is a list of web pages that have add-on services or extended warranty email templates:
- How to Use Warranties in Your Product Add-On Strategy (Mulberry)
- Extended Warranty Templates (Really Good Emails)
- Warranty Policy Template (TermsFeed)
- Add-On Services Templates (Really Good Emails)
- Warranty Arrangement Template (PandaDoc)
Free Template Downloads: Add-On Services or Extended Warranty
Customer Exclusive Discounts Email Templates
Picture this: You’re hosting a glamorous party, and you have a designated VIP lounge for your closest and most valued guests.
Inside this exclusive area, you offer delicious gourmet treats, refreshing drinks, and exciting entertainment that’s not available to the general party attendees.
How do you think this makes your special guests feel? Pretty special and valued, right?
If you apply this same concept to your emails, you have a customer exclusive discounts email template.
Just like the exclusive area adds an extra layer of excitement and appreciation for your VIP guests, these email templates create a sense of exclusivity and appreciation for your loyal customers.
Making your customers feel special has a few benefits for your business.
For one, the customer exclusive discounts email templates entice your existing customers to stay engaged with your brand, make repeat purchases, and continue their valued relationship with your business.
You’re probably wondering what key components are necessary to include in this template. Here are a few for your consideration:
- Introduction: Introduce the email with warm words that express gratitude and acknowledge the customer’s loyalty to invoke feelings of appreciation in them.
Compared to the generic and sterile emails they probably receive from other brands, they’ll feel valued by you, and this expression of thanks will make them feel recognized for their loyalty.
- Discount details: Your copy needs to convey that this deal is not available to every single one of your customers but a select few.
Customers feel privileged to have access to a special offer that others might not receive.
This added touch of exclusivity adds value to the discount and makes the customer feel like a VIP, increasing their motivation to take advantage of the offer.
- Time limitation: Build on the momentum of feelings created by exclusivity and warm words by including an expiration date or time remaining for the exclusive offer to create a sense of urgency.
Customers realize that the opportunity to benefit from the special discount is limited and that they must act promptly to avoid missing out.
This feeling of urgency encourages immediate action and drives the customer to make a purchase decision quickly, increasing the chances of conversion.
As a marketer, customer exclusive discounts email templates will provide you with a variety of benefits such as:
- Enhanced customer loyalty: Offering exclusive discounts to loyal customers strengthens the bond between customers and the brand, increasing their likelihood of repeat purchases.
- Higher conversion rates: The sense of urgency created by time-limited offers can lead to faster decision-making and increased conversion rates.
- Post-purchase interaction: These templates provide a platform for post-purchase communication, allowing you to maintain contact with customers and offer ongoing incentives.
Below is a customer exclusive discounts email template that entices customers with exclusive offers and provides benefits to drive sales and enhance customer loyalty.
Notice how the writer uses enticing language to make the email feel exclusive and urgent.
Let’s take a look at a few web pages that have customer exclusive discounts email templates:
- Discount Email Templates – Ready To Use (Copy&Paste) (LiveAgent)
- 16 Great Discount Email Examples that Drive Purchases (MailCharts)
- How to Write Your Best Promotional Emails (+18 Examples!) (WordStream)
- Customer Exclusive Discounts (Really Good Emails)
- How to Write a Discount Offer Email + 3 Copy/Paste Templates (Millo)
- How To Write Discount Emails Like A Boss [+Templates, Examples] (EngageBay)
Free Template Downloads: Customer Exclusive Discounts
Refill or Reorder Reminders Email Templates
You know how you almost always forget to go grocery shopping before your milk runs out?
Imagine if you had a timely reminder that prompts you to go grocery shopping before your milk runs out?
Refill or reorder reminders email templates work exactly like these hypothetical reminders for essential items, including milk, groceries, or any other consumables.
Just like how you might forget to go grocery shopping before your milk runs out, customers can sometimes overlook the need to reorder products they regularly use or consume.
These email templates act as a thoughtful and convenient solution to this common forgetfulness. Let’s explore how these templates can be even more effective in helping customers:
- Seamless reordering: For the body of your copy, there’s a way to invoke a feeling of convenience and efficiency in customers.
Simply emphasize that reordering can be done “In a snap” and providing a one-click reorder button that removes any potential friction or hurdles in the repurchasing process.
Your customers are sure to appreciate the simplicity and ease of use of using your brand. Consequently, they’ll be encouraged to take immediate action and complete the reorder effortlessly.
- Frequency settings: Empower your customers by allowing them to choose their preferred refill frequency based on their usage patterns.
Framing your email in such a manner shows that your company cares about the individual needs of each customer.
The ability to select from various options, including weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or custom frequencies, allows customers to personalize the experience based on their specified preferences.
- Automated triggers: At this point, your customer knows that your brand is thoughtful and proactive with the care it provides to them by mentioning the smart refill technology.
Go a step further and explain that the reminders are designed from information based on product usage, time since the last purchase, and anticipated depletion to ensure that the reminders are tailored to their needs.
As a result, the customer always ends up with timely and relevant reminders, reducing the chances of customers running out of your products.
Setting up an email sequence with the aforementioned variables will bring you the following benefits:
- Subscription growth: Refill reminders can drive sign-ups for subscription services, promoting recurring revenue.
- Automation efficiency: Automated triggers save you copious amounts of time and effort, ensuring you’re getting the most out of your conversion optimization strategies through the least amount of effort.
- Brand loyalty: Your carefully curated and proactive reminders show the customer that your company cares about its customers, fostering stronger brand loyalty.
Here’s an image that showcases a refill or reorder reminders email template. Note how they use clever copy to encourage the recipient to refill their product. The CTA is also concise and straight to the point.
Here is a list of web pages that have Refill or Reorder Reminders Email Templates:
- Replenishment Email Templates (Free) (LiveAgent)
- Reorder Email Template For Your Ecommerce Store (TargetBay)
- 25+ Ecommerce Replenishment Email Templates and Examples (RetainIQ)
- Customer Service & Live Chat Templates (Appy Pie)
- 11 Examples of Replenishment Emails from Retailers (SalesCycle)
- 7 Replenishment Email Examples That’ll Drive Repeat Purchases (Drip)
- Reminder Email Templates That Your Customers Will Find Friendly and Helpful (Keap)
Free Template Downloads: Refill or Reorder Reminders
Bundle or Package Deals Email Templates
Everyone loves a good deal.
Just think about Black Friday. People camp outside Best Buy stores in tents to secure the first spot weeks in advance.
Others print out maps of Walmart stores to minimize the time it takes to get around them and pick up their desired items.
Bundle or package deal email templates are designed to tap into the same psychology as Black Friday campaigns.
These templates deploy email communications that promote special offers or discounts on bundled products or services.
They emphasize the value customers receive by purchasing a bundle or package deal.
By combining complementary products or services, customers will enjoy a discounted price or exclusive offer that is more enticing than purchasing each item individually.
Let’s consider the following scenario to illustrate the power of these templates.
XYZ Electronics, a leading e-commerce retailer, utilizes bundle or package deal email templates to promote its tech bundle offers.
They curate bundles that include a laptop, wireless headphones, and a portable charger, targeting customers who are in need of a complete tech solution.
The email template showcases the convenience and cost-saving benefits of purchasing these items together as a bundle deal.
As a result, the company enjoys the following benefits:
- Increased average order value: The bundle deal encourages customers to spend more by offering a discounted price compared to purchasing each item separately.
Employing this strategy increases the average order value, boosting revenue per transaction.
- Cross-selling and exposure: By bundling related tech products, XYZ Electronics introduces customers to complementary items they may not have considered purchasing individually.
This cross-selling approach exposes customers to a broader range of products and increases the potential for future sales.
- Customer retention and loyalty: Offering exclusive bundle deals to existing customers strengthens customer loyalty and encourages repeat business.
By providing special discounts and tailored offers, XYZ Electronics demonstrates its appreciation for customers and encourages continued engagement.
Bundle or package deal email templates allow businesses to strategically manage their inventory by promoting the sale of related or slower-moving products alongside popular items.
These templates provide a creative and effective cross-selling strategy to help clear excess stock while boosting overall sales volume.
The following image displays a visually appealing bundle or package deals email template, designed to capture attention and entice customers with attractive offers combining multiple products or services at a discounted price.
As promised, here is a list of web pages that have bundle or package deal email templates:
- Bundles emails templates (Really Good Email)
- 15 Product Bundling Examples That Convert (& 12 Proven Ideas) (ConvertCart)
- A Complete Guide to Product Bundling: Tips, Examples & How it Works (Extensiv)
Free Template Downloads: Bundle or Package Deals
Our College Textbook provides guidance on how to design visually appealing and engaging email templates that effectively showcase complementary products and drive conversions.
The methods taught in this textbook have undergone an in-depth and intense peer review from third-party industry experts, and they have resulted in $350 million in revenue for clients last year.
Close the Deal by Unleashing the Revenue Boosting Potential of Upsell/Cross-Sell Email Templates
In today’s competitive business landscape, driving revenue growth is a top priority for businesses of all sizes.
The utilization of upsell or cross-sell email templates, such as product complementary cross-sell and frequent shopper rewards emails, empowers your business to stay ahead and create memorable experiences that drive revenue growth.
OnDigitalMarketing’s college textbook covers various topics relevant to upselling techniques and cross-selling strategies, such as customer segmentation, personalization, persuasive copywriting, and effective call-to-action strategies.
We offer tips and best practices on how to identify complementary products, create enticing offers, and effectively communicate these offers through email and other optimization options for various marketing channels, such as social media and SEO.
Join our newsletter to receive more templates, case studies, and exclusive insider tips and take your marketing to the next level in no time.